This is a 1/72 scale vacuform kit by Formaplane. All struts for wings and landing gear are Evergreen styrene strips.
Propellor is from Martin Digmayer. All paints used are Humbrol. Engine is an Aeroclub Renault. Decals are a mixed bag of spares, but the
Union Jack on the Tail is by TECH ORDER. This model was inspired by Windsock Datafile #42. I used nylon sewing thread for the rigging.
This is the 1/72 scale R.A.F. R.E.8 from Airfix. I sanded down
the wings due to over thickness and I used Evergreen strips for wing rib
detail. I scratch-built the interior, vertical stabilizer, rudder, tail
skid and engine utilizing Aeroclub cylinders and exhausts. Styrene sheets
were cut and scribed for access panels and photoetch used for fabric
stitching. Propellor is by Martin Digmayer. All paints used are Humbrol.
Decals are modified kit and Superscale. Nylon sewing thread is used for
rigging. Windsock Datafile #24, page 12 was used as reference.
This is the 1/72 scale Sopwith Tabloid by
T.C. Berg. I built this kit primarily right OOB with the exception of the
interior which is scratch-built. Wood grain finish is by Tauro and the
Union Jacks are by Tech Order. This model represents Flt. Lt. R. L. G.
Marix's aeroplane used on the 1914 raid of the Düsseldorf Zeppelin sheds.
References used are the Windsock Mini Datafile #9 and the book Heroes &
Aeroplanes of the Great War by Joseph A. Phelan. I used Phelan's book to
take artistic license for the appearance of the finished model. It probably
is not accurate, but I don't care. I like it. Paints used are Humbrol.
Nylon sewing thread is used for the rigging.