Re: Clark Y Section

Douglas R. Jones (
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 09:22:16 -0600

>The short answer is NO.


>A Clark Y section is a highly camber section. It just has
>sufficient thickness to give it a flat bottom. The camber line
>lies halfway between the upper and lower surfaces.

Interesting. I know I see this airfoil used quite a lot on sport scale
planes. Why is it so popular? Easy to cut ribs? At the Reynolds numbers of
our models gives a nice balance between lift and drag?

Thanks Paul,

'I am a traveler of | Douglas R. Jones
both Time and Space' | IEX Corporation
Led Zeppelin | (214)301-1307